June 29, 2012

Zoe


Relationships are hard.

All of them. Not just the kind between lovers.


Take for example Zoe. My best mate who keeps me going when the towel so needs to be tossed in. 

She posted a blog today all about how boring her life is. You can read it here.

The reality is, her life isn't nearly as boring as she makes it out to be. So what if she still lives at home and doesn't have a boyfriend. It isn't like I'm beating the men off with a stick either, and my one bedroom flat is a bit on the depressing side. She's single by choice, though. At home by choice too. And she lives in a gorgeous place. Utterly stunning.

Last year she was dating this bloke I absolutely couldn't stand. Bit of a prat, he was. Treated her like a Queen though. Looking back, I'm sure I was just jealous because he took up her time. Since she lives in the country and I up in grimy London, I don't get to see her as much. When she has a boy kicking about, I see her even less. That's not a moan or anything. Just saying I love the extra time together us being single gives. 


What I'm going on about is, I don't know how I've managed to keep her interested.

Friendships are often like girlfriend/boyfriend relationships. There are ups and downs. Fights. Cattiness. You have to keep the other person interested. Romance them from time to time. Make them feel important.

Sometimes I forget to do that.

And then there's the mocking. Which I can only apologise for.




1 comment:

Zoe said...

I love you.